func-find-user
Greg Swift
2011-04-14 13:44:41 UTC
seth,

Figured this would be a good way to ask this since it would kind of provide
some documentation till we get a page going.

I was giving a short tour of the new apps this morning, and used
func-find-user for the first time. Based on the name I assumed it used the
user group module to find if a user existed on a system. Looking at the
code it looks like its goal is to find processes related to a user. But I
played with it for a few minutes and it just found seemed to grep whatever I
gave it out of processes. What are the intended use cases for this one?

-greg
seth vidal
2011-04-14 14:45:06 UTC
Post by Greg Swift
seth,
Figured this would be a good way to ask this since it would kind of
provide some documentation till we get a page going.
I was giving a short tour of the new apps this morning, and used
func-find-user for the first time. Based on the name I assumed it
used the user group module to find if a user existed on a system.
Looking at the code it looks like its goal is to find processes
related to a user. But I played with it for a few minutes and it just
found seemed to grep whatever I gave it out of processes. What are
the intended use cases for this one?
find any process running as that user anywhere on any system in func.

the idea was to provide the 'search' component of 'search and destroy
this user'.

-sv