how to deal with outputs
Arnau Bria
2011-05-09 10:43:56 UTC
Hi all,

I've func working in my farm (about 400 nodes).
Func is working perfectly, but I'm wondering how all of you manage the
output. is there any way for getting each node's output, i.e, into a
file? how do you deal with outputs?

Cheers,
Arnau
seth vidal
2011-05-09 13:30:21 UTC
Post by Arnau Bria
Hi all,
I've func working in my farm (about 400 nodes).
Func is working perfectly, but I'm wondering how all of you manage the
output. is there any way for getting each node's output, i.e, into a
file? how do you deal with outputs?
depends on the command but for normal shell script-type of things I use:

func-command -o /path/some/dir "command I want"

which makes a file per-node in /path/some/dir/ with the output from the
command you just ran.

-sv
Arnau Bria
2011-05-09 14:01:06 UTC
On Mon, 09 May 2011 09:30:21 -0400
seth vidal wrote:

Hi Seth,
Post by seth vidal
func-command -o /path/some/dir "command I want"
which makes a file per-node in /path/some/dir/ with the output from
the command you just ran.
Is "-o" a new feature?

(As I don't have func-command, I guess what I'm doing is the same):

$ func -o result/ "td*" call command run "uptime"
usage: func [--options] "hostname glob" module method [arg1] [arg2] ... func [--options] "hostname glob" module method [arg1] [arg2] ...

func: error: no such option: -o

$ rpm -qa|grep func
func-0.27-2.el5.rf
Post by seth vidal
-sv
Thanks for your reply,
Arnau
Arnau Bria
2011-05-09 15:30:09 UTC
On Mon, 9 May 2011 16:01:06 +0200
Post by Arnau Bria
Is "-o" a new feature?
Yes.
func-command is also avaliable in 0.28.

If you skip signing certs in 0.28 (certmaster bug), you can use func
0.28 with no problems.

Thanks, -o is (more or less, as exit status is not saved), the feature
I was looking for.

Cheers,
Arnau
seth vidal
2011-05-09 19:24:33 UTC
Post by Arnau Bria
On Mon, 9 May 2011 16:01:06 +0200
Post by Arnau Bria
Is "-o" a new feature?
Yes.
func-command is also avaliable in 0.28.
If you skip signing certs in 0.28 (certmaster bug), you can use func
0.28 with no problems.
Thanks, -o is (more or less, as exit status is not saved), the feature
I was looking for.
func-command -o /some/place --returncodes

-sv
Arnau Bria
2011-05-11 10:15:40 UTC
On Wed, 11 May 2011 10:47:47 +0200
Arnau Bria wrote:

Hi all,

I'm writing some parsers for the output (what node failed the command,
a resume of nodes and exit codes, etc...) But I'm wondering if someone
is already working on this.

Cheers,
Arnau

PS: Sorry Seth, I did reply-to.