Multiple certificates?
mad
2011-01-30 18:15:35 UTC
Hi!

The creation of my certificates is acting a little bit strange. I use hostnames
like the following:

host1.domain1

These are not FQDN but simple host and domain names used internally. Now when
I create the initial certificates and they are signed I have usually two
certificates

host1.cert
host1.domain1.cert

But sometimes I get _only_ the host1.cert and I can't figure out why that is
the case. Since I have more than one domain I need both certificates to
distinguish between hosts with the same name in different domains.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,
mad
mad
2011-01-31 08:16:29 UTC
Post by mad
[...]
The creation of my certificates is acting a little bit
strange. I use hostnames
host1.domain1
These are not FQDN but simple host and domain names used
internally. Now when
I create the initial certificates and they are signed I have usually two
certificates
host1.cert
host1.domain1.cert
But sometimes I get _only_ the host1.cert and I can't figure
out why that is
the case. Since I have more than one domain I need both certificates to
distinguish between hosts with the same name in different domains.
[...]
Hmm, thats odd, do all of your hosts have forward and reverse dns?
No, I don't have any DNS in the network.

But so far that has not been a problem. The /etc/hosts is written and
hostname with or without '-f' returns the correct name and domain.

mad
mad
2011-01-31 15:00:19 UTC
I fixed the problem. I simply set the minion_name to the exact name I
want.

Thanks for the help,
mad
Post by mad